To lead and develop the controllership function within the finance team, reporting to the FD. Responsible for developing and maintaining an effective best practice financial control environment, including driving efficiency and improvement of all finance procedures. Responsible for delivering the monthly management accounts, year end close and audited statutory accounts, and investor reporting. Lead and manage the Finance team to deliver best practice and high performance, reducing manual intervention and supporting the business growth agenda. Overseeing delivery of external obligations including statutory filings, tax compliance and covenant/investor reporting.
- Day to day transactional finance, acting as technical expert in tax and accounting matters including formulation and documentation of policy
- Management and development of controllership team including management accountants, credit control, AR/AP clerks and payroll manager
- Ownership of monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy of core financial statements, associated reporting and reconciliations
- Responsible for treasury matters, including managing the relationship with business banking partner, regular cash flow forecasting and overseeing the credit control team to drive improvements in cash collection
- Responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of UK and US tax and statutory filings
- Lead year end close and annual audit process with responsibility for statutory accounts preparation (including consolidation), production of technical papers to support policies and balances, liaison with auditors and tax advisers to ensure audit timetable and information requests are met and reporting to Audit Committee as required
- Implementation and monitoring of internal controls, procedures and policies. Developing and maintaining a best practice control environment and consistently striving to enhance the wider financial control environment
- Identifying and delivering system led changes to drive efficiencies and enhanced transactional reporting and analytical capabilities
- Developing and maintaining reporting, budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning models
- Assist in the delivery of high-quality board presentations in relation to monthly results, budgets, strategic projects, refinancing and transaction related matters where required
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required, particularly to reflect key changes in operations and business strategy
- Strong technical knowledge including UK GAAP, and UK/US tax compliance
- Audit lead / management
- Payroll supervision
- Experience in creating efficiencies, leveraging technology solutions and strengthening control environments
- Significant experience of managing a multi-discipline Finance team
- SAGE and Salesforce experience highly beneficial
- Experience within international, multi-company businesses
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 4 - 5 years PQE
- Advanced Excel skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Highly organised and efficient approach with the ability to work under pressure and manage individual and team workloads to strict deadlines
- Assertive individual with the ability to drive controllership across the business as well as high performance within the team.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, presenting information clearly and simply, with great attention to detail and process
- Innovative individual with proven track record of identifying, initiating and implementing process improvements.
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.